Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 19.
00:00 AM July 11, 1941
Night
Visibility 1km.

[Image: RT19VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn nineteen.

[Image: DotDsouthRT19.jpg]

456 Russian, 201 German infantry, four flak guns to six panzers, lost, 15 victory points to the Axis this turn. I rallied one HQ this turn. There are still five Russian HQ’s of the ten in the game out of command, including the 13th Army. Rallying the 13th Army HQ and the others will allow me a chance to stop the Germans. Without the HQ’s the Russian defense will be brittle. So much depends on this issue. Not a bad turn for me.
The Germans attacked straight up the main road in their half of the turn. Red arrows designate Russian counter attacks. At worst the Germans will lose a turn trying to push the Russians back from pinching their spear head. At best, the German attack is running out of steam. I hope I can really hammer the spearhead the next two turns without letting the Germans get any further. It will be three turns to get my last four infantry rgts coming down from the north into position to deliver another attack to take back crucial ground.

The image above shows how big those German stacks are. I am managing to disrupt Axis units and they stay disrupted. That is a sign fatigue is finally wearing them down. Will it be enough?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 07-12-2008, 02:42 PM