• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-12-2008, 12:58 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German turn 19.

After this turn only 2 more km's to the 300 VP hex. The massive steel club that is the combined weight of nearly two full divisions and an SS regiment is plowing its way forward towards the VP hex. Russian forces were ejected from both sides of the main road and importantly out of the next to last remaining forested area before the VP hex. The disrupted and broken Russian forces ended the German part of the turn in the open for the most part which will make them extremely vulnerable if they stay there. The German stacks are inflicting 100 infantry casualties per turn per hex. If they retreat that works too. Importantly too there are no improved defenses that the Russians are in.

Down south I still am looking to isolate the Russian units that I talked about the previous turn but it will have to wait a turn. I focused my entire artillery fire on the main road. Conditions still are favorable for the potential isolation.

Down south I just moved massive stacks next to the Russian units. They blasted everything they came up against.

On my left flank I began moving the three AT units that are providing deep flank security closer in around Mogilev. I am a little concerned that only artillery is just east of the city and any potential Russian crossing could quickly take these and get into the city. That would be disaster.

Red circles are assaults and green circles are concentrated fire.
[Image: S41TourneyTurn19a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 07-12-2008, 12:58 PM