Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-11-2008, 02:17 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 18.
20:00 PM July 10, 1941
Night
Visibility 1km.

[Image: RT18VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn eighteen.

[Image: DotDsouthRT18.jpg]

Six of ten Russian HQ’s remain out of command for the third turn in a row. If the Russian command does not rally soon I will have too many disrupted units with high fatigue. The Soviet 13th Army may just melt during the final turns. This is hard to take. A random event like command control is making a Russian chance to mount a counter attack in the final turns less likely. This is what a Russian player has to face in S41. I hope the commissars knock some sense into the generals.

All the same, the Axis attack lost momentum this turn. 356 Russian, 226 German infantry lost. Only eight victory points for the Axis. Four Russian and three German vehicles were lost. Attrition is in the Russians favor this turn. Although ground was lost the Axis attack is being channeled up the main road leading northwest. The map for this turn shows how dire it is that the Russians rally troops near this road. The Germans need only push up the road to the 300 VP hex to claim a draw.
The Soviet left flank makes progress in getting troops east. By morning I hope to have nearly a straight line to the southern board edge. This might allow for a spoiling attack on the Axis right with up to four regiments. If I can bag some panzer units, that might be a way to offset the loss of VP hex. I will have to see how things develop. I am relocating about half of my artillery. They will not move too far as I will need as many artillery units as possible in action when full light returns.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM