Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-04-2008, 09:21 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 17.
18:00 PM July 10, 1941
Dusk
Visibility 1km.
[Image: RT17VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn seventeen.

[Image: DotDsouthRT17.jpg]

Another Russian stack is surrounded and wiped out. 1,644 Russian infantry lost for this turn. The German infantry lost 343 plus three vehicles creating 123 more victory points for the Axis. That was ugly. Von Nev is hitting me right on the “hinge” in my lines. I have to try and consolidate the Russian left flank as fast as possible to the east to prevent a tear in the line. Terrain and slow Russian movement is working against me there. I left behind some sacrifice units (circled) to slow the Axis surge and allow my troops another turn to get into positions.

At least I can be happy the Axis have diverted some of their strength from the attack towards the 300 VP hex. Not so much for the sake of holding the VP hex, but for the fact I am in a better position to roll with the punch to the south than an attack going north.

I doubt von Nev will take a break during the night. Arrows indicate the best routes for the Germans to take now. The red line highlights the stream with a marsh along it’s banks. If the Germans move to the north end of this stream, the Russians will be slowed considerably crossing it. If I can get some units on the north end I can then channel his attack into my artillery for the next game day. The question is, can the Russians hang on for another eight turns? While I should have moved some more of my guns this turn, so many were available to shoot I had to use them. I was able to concentrate my artillery on three large German infantry units along his point of attack and disrupted two of them. I hope that helps and they do not rally.
It seems as if the 13th Army HQ has deserted the field for it is out of command again this turn compounding my difficulties. I desperately need to rally some units. That is hard with six of the ten HQ’s out of command this turn. Typical of 1941 Russian command structure in this game.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 07-04-2008, 09:21 PM