• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2008, 03:51 AM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 16.

Little progress this turn. In fact, the last two turns have not only had little progress on the map but I have actually gone backwards on the VP's totals. This is disappointing, but not overwelming. I still have a lot of firepower and units and a Draw is still very doable.

In order to help with assaults and to inflict maximum damage against the Russians I spent most of the turn realigning my units and getting very large stacks adjacent to the Russians. These stacks can inflict 25 to 50 infantry casualties per shot. These stacks will stay close to the Russians and force them to either stand fast and get pummeled or retreat. Both options will help me. In fact, down south along the southern highway I moved three stacks against the Russians in the village. Although I could have assaulted the village I instead blasted away at the Russian there inflicting over 100 infantry casualties in just that hex. Also, with such big stacks it will make Russian infantry attacks against them very painful. The only major concern therefore continues to be the artillery.

I only assaulted two hexes this turn. Up north I assaulted the broken and disrupted stack that has been pummeled the last three turns. With this assault I can now start to turn the corner on the Dnepr bend. Down south I assaulted to straighten the line and then inserted a fresh 750 man A morale Das Reich battalion into the line.

Far to the south that darn engineer unit did not build the bridge. To make this more comically, the Russians are pulling back their left flank which will lessen the opportunity to flank the Russians. I stopped advancing my Germans hoping to entice my opponent to stop retreating.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn16a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 07-02-2008, 03:19 PM