• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-28-2008, 12:20 PM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
Hmmm.... viewing this through the eyes of one who rarely second guesses designers or patches I've got to second Huib's request to undo this feature or at the least make it optional. The impact on many scenarios will be dramatic and quite possibly very unbalancing. Ardennes scenarios like Huib's example spring to mind immediately but there are many others.

For example Don Fox's scenario "A Legend is Born". The Americans gave me fits and ultimately won a very tight game because of the constant 1 hex visibility. If visibility had suddenly and unexpectedly increased by 1 hex I'm quite sure my tankers would've smiled, there'd have been a flurry of Panther guns barking and my opponent would've felt like he was standing naked on a hilltop. "A Legend is Born" is very well balanced but I fear changing visibility ranges will undo the most critical aspect of the scenario.

There are many others where the 1 hex range is not just a consideration of the scenario but a critical and necessary element. "First Strike Towards Butgenbach", and "Third Time A Charm" to name a few.

Just my 2 cents but I vote this definitely should just be an option.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by XLVIII Pz. Korp - 06-28-2008, 12:20 PM