• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 14.

As with the last turn both divisions pound their way forward. The northern thrust gained 2 km's and penetrated between Russian units when, after a first assault, the Russian stack retreated north into the path of the attack along the main road. It was quickly assaulted again and it again retreated north. I was hoping it would retreat northeast which would have allowed me to isolate a Russian stack against the river but I was not that lucky. The good news is that the Russian stack has numerous broken units in them meaning they will retreat very slowly and therefore will provide future opportunities to easily assault to gain ground.

The southern attack stalled this turn as I had to bring up reinforcements and my opponent reinforced the village that the arty battery only held last turn.

Also, this turn I noticed that my opponent has slowed/stopped his retreat south along my right flank. I am hoping to take advantage of this by having motorized elements of Das Reich cross the river south of his units and therefore flank them. Unfortunately, my bridging engineer unit ran into a minefield which prevented them from deploying this turn. Additionally, because they hit a minefield, my opponent, if he watches the replay will see/hear this. It could alert him to my plan. :hissy:

I am still resting numerous panzer and motorized infantry units.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn14a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-24-2008, 01:57 PM