• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt
06-24-2008, 05:49 AM,
RE: Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt
Volcano Man Wrote:You know, now that I think about, I just want to be sure not to stress the presence of the M1 in K85 too much. Off the top of my head I think there is only one CAV squadron (3-8?) of the 25th ID that shows up. Still, it can be wielded like sledge hammer against the T-55s and the T-62s of the NKPA. There is also a MLRS battalion in the division which is... as someone put it... devastating.

I think the real thing that puts the brakes on the NKPA is that the campaign is designed around the fact that the NKPA must grab up as many objectives as they can until the weather deteriorates, their supply levels start to drop (from the weather and factored in interdiction), and the arrival of US forces. One of these components isn't enough to stop the NKPA, but when they are taken as a whole it will usually come together and put the NKPA on the defensive from that point on (probably around the 22-26th June).

You are right about the chemicals (persistent) blocking your initial advance, another good reason to only use them when you think that you are going to be on the defensive from that point forward. It is good that you bring up WMD usage too. Knowing when or if to employ them is make or break the campaign. I would be interested to hear more observations.

Your analysis of this scenario is very informative. What you said in the previous post about knowing when the Allies should retreat is exactly what I've experienced in my game. So, if you're the Allied player, don't linger too long, especially with all the NKPA airborne between the front line and the reinforcing units.

As NKPA, I can barely wait for the excitement of MLRS playing on my infantry formations.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt - by alaric99x - 06-24-2008, 05:49 AM