• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-23-2008, 05:49 AM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German turn 13.

Both divisions are battering their way forward. That surrounded Russian stack yielded several hundred Russians which helps the VP totals. On the southern attack in two quick assaults I pushed between Russian units to take a hill that can see far into the Russian rear areas. This will be important for seeing what the Russians are up to and see if there are any opportunities I should take advantage of. Additionally the assaulting recon unit ended up next to a Russian arty battery. This battery was quickly attacked by a Stuka strike. Hopefully the fact that I am starting to see artillery units means that the Russian lines are bending enough that a breakthrough may be possible soon. Even if that does not happen, at least seeing the Russian arty means that they can be neutralized or eliminated. The less Russian arty the better.

Motorized infantry and artillery from the Das Reich regiment is now entering the battlefield. They are welcomed reinforcements and there addition will continue to allow me to rest a lot of the German armor and some of motorized infantry from both the 10th PzD and the 10th Motorized divisions.

Overall, progress gaining victory points is quite slow. It entered my thoughts for the first time that the density of Russian troops will seriously threaten the ability to exit the map. I look over the map to make sure I am not needing any big changes. Because this is a tournament I would like to get at least a Draw. To do that will probably mean that I need to take the 300 VP hex that is 10 km's to the northeast along the main road. That seems feasible since I still have 12 turns left. Advancing a km a turn seems doable. So, after a quick assessment, this 300 VP hex lies within the original attack plan so I just need to keep pressing forward without any major changes to the plan.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn13a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-23-2008, 05:49 AM