• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt
06-20-2008, 08:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2008, 08:59 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt
In the stock campaign, the basic idea is that the 3rd Marine Division is initially held back and arrives in conjunction with other US arrivals to support them, rather then being rushed to Korea to be some sort of speed bump. But you have to also realize that the war in Germany is also occuring during the coarse of this title, as well as any other hot spots... which are not currently covered. In other words, the way the story goes is that the 1st Marine Division is sent somewhere else (I have no idea where and they were basically off limits to me). If you disagree with that then by all means, bring in the 3rd Marine Division sooner as well as the 1st Marine Division. An easy option would be to allow the allied player to rush the 1st Marine Division into action to be a speed bump, maybe with a fatigue increase on arrival and have them restricted to the south map edge (play balance to still retain some reason to choose the delayed options). Maybe I will add this to the _Alt campaign one day.

Anyway, from everything I have seen (and the campaigns that I have played), it is the NKPA that needs the help, so having more US units arrive, as well as the Marines arrive sooner does not balance out, unless there is some sort of trade off of course.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Korea'85_Alt and Danube Front'85_Alt - by Volcano Man - 06-20-2008, 08:57 AM