• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-15-2008, 06:19 AM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 11.

Both the 10th PzD and the 10th Motorized are now joined and are battering their way forward along the main road out of Mogilev to the northeast. Additionally, a pretty tough Kampfgruppe of both divisions is also attacking to the southeast along the other main road out of Mogilev. Hopefully by attacking in these two directions I can at least pull some of the units that are blocking the main attack.

Also, I noticed that the Russians are withdrawing their left flank that is to the south of the city. Since I am not attacking in that direction, I expect they are trying to shorten their lines. Since there are no objectives down south as well as no exit hexes it would be a wasted effort to spend turns and pull units away from an attack to the east. Going south, then east, then northeast will dramatically reduce the power of the units attacking along the two main axis of attacks and take a tremendous amount of time. We are already nearly 1/2 way through the battle and my only shot at winning by achieving an exit hex.

The other thing that having two axis of attacks that are relatively close to eachother is that I can cycle units into and out of the battle to rest. As you can see from the picture, the armor of the 10th PzD are quite fatigued at this point and I am resting them for hopefully the final push after the infantry fight the Russians through the forest to the east of Mogilev. This area is not good tank country however the areas to the east of the forest open up considerably.

Red circles are assaults. Yellow arrows are German movement.
[Image: S41TourneyTurn11a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-15-2008, 06:19 AM