• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-13-2008, 02:25 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 10.

Morning of July 10, 1941.

The 10th PzD Division quickly dispatches the remaining pocketed units north of the river. They advance several units south of the river over the heavy bridge in town. Additionally, a recon unit assaults across the heavy railroad bridge and establishes a foothold on the south side of the river in the Russian flank. Most of the 10th PzD however is resting this turn. I am getting concerned at the overall fatigue of both divisions, but the 10th PzD fatigue is especially concerning.

The 10th Motorized Division finally captures the remaining suburbs of the city but only because a weak Russian unit stayed in the town. It was quickly overrun. Another Russian unit caught in the open steppes just east of the marsh was also eliminated.

Since it is now morning I received several recon flights. I put those to use by recon'ing the hard roads into Mogilev from the north and the east. Fortunately as well as unfortuately (depending how you look at it) they uncover additionally Russian units most likely moving towards the front line. This is not unexpected, but not a welcomed development. Hopefully they are brigades in strength not full divisions. Overall, advancing towards the exit hexes just got a lot more complicated as well as difficult. I dispatch a Stuka strike on one battalion in travel mode and inflict considerable casualties.

Red is assaults, yellow are German advances. Green is the Stuka strike.
[Image: S41TourneyTurn10a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-13-2008, 02:25 PM