• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
05-15-2008, 03:16 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 3

Before I close with the Russians I ran a couple recon flights over Mogilev to confirm where the Russian guns are as well as ran a flight over the area to the southeast of the bridges to try an see how deep the Russian defense is. The flight over the city confirms that at least the medium enemy battery is still setup in the center of the city. I did not uncover the heavy battery. I hope it is still there. The flight southeast of the town uncovered another heavy arty battery in the woods. I will remember these places.

The 10th Panzer's II panzer battalion consisting of 53 PzIII's and 11 PzIV's charge into the minefield in the forest due north of the town. Just on the other side of the minefield they uncover dug in Russians in the villiages and city. Worse yet, the panzer battalion I (one) which moved into the minefields just east of the II battalion runs into dug in infantry in a bunker! This is not what I wanted to see, but not unexpected either. Hopefully the firepower of the panzer battalions plus Stuka attacks should dislodge them soon enough. An A morale engineer runs into the minefield in the forest to begin clearing them. Since it is a 2 minefield I expect him to clear one and then to be pounded by arty so next turn I have others moving up behind him. Due to timing I had little arty support this turn but I expect a lot next turn.

Full infantry battalions (750 men) of the 10th Motorized Division charge up to the river and immediately start engaging the two Russian infantry units on the eastern side of the river. Hopefully, with the firepower of a whole division concentrated on a couple of units I should be able to break them in a couple of turns. This will make crossing much easier. As my infantry fire on the Russian units they are bombarded by a Russian artillery unit that is on the highground overlooking the river. From where they are at I can see them, so I respond by hitting them with a Stuka strike to good effect. Once all the infantry fire is exhausted engineers move up to clear mines and will begin building a bridge next turn.

Well, the plan is in motion and we will see if it survives the first Russian arty fire. This turn I expect I will feel the weight of the Russian arty that will be concentrated on engineers almost exclusively. It is going to get ugly and quick.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn3a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 05-15-2008, 03:16 PM