• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
05-10-2008, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2008, 03:17 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
In looking over Dog Soldier's setup post, it will be interesting on how this battle plays out as my plan did not align with what he was thinking. I thought about crossing the Dnepr north of Mogilev but ultimately did not go with it as I was worried at the amount of time that it would have taken to get both the 10th PzD and the 10th Inf Division concentrated north of Mogilev trying to cross. By my count, it would have taken at a minimum 5 turns to cross anything in force. (3 turns to get to Dnepr. 1 turn to initiate bridge setup. 1 turn to build bridge. 1 turn to cross.) If he noticed that I was concentrating everything up north he could have stacked his units deep behind the bridgehead.

A while back I played a S41 campaign as the Russians and I was able to delay my opponent in a bridgehead for some 20 turns at tremendous cost to him. I cannot afford to get into a grinding battle with no hope of getting any VP hexes. So, I opted to capture Mogilev which would give me a lot of VP hexes as well as options for attacking out of Mogilev along two hard surface roads.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 05-10-2008, 03:08 PM