• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A/I Movement Please!!!!
11-25-2007, 09:44 AM,
RE: A/I Movement Please!!!!
Guys - I didn't read anything in any post about that I would take as an insult.

I read it as a simple request to move units along a road together and the game does have this although I suppose it could be documented a little better.

If was as easy to make yet another type of movement that would work better then I think John would have done it when I asked about it the first time. But I don't write the code so I can't explain why it is not so easy to do.

When we made France 40 I explained to John that we had a game with a lot of units and the need to move those units just like you say - in T mode, stay in T mode and move down the road.

So what you are asking for was exactly what I was asking for. John made the Divisional movement thing and from your original post it wasn't clear if you knew about that.

...but that is all I have to work with.

- You can move one unit one hex at a time
- One unit drop and drag, one at a time
- AI Orders which I don't think anyone would use, and I don't think is really an option.
- Or the Divisional Movement I discribed. Its not perfect or fool proof, but it works if you keep you divisions together and don't mix up counters from different units along a road (which makes perfect sense in real lfe too if you think about it).

Those are the only options we have and I can't really add anything more to this.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A/I Movement Please!!!! - by Titan - 11-24-2007, 11:44 PM
RE: A/I Movement Please!!!! - by Glenn Saunders - 11-25-2007, 04:37 AM
RE: A/I Movement Please!!!! - by FLG - 11-25-2007, 05:46 AM
RE: A/I Movement Please!!!! - by Glenn Saunders - 11-25-2007, 07:04 AM
RE: A/I Movement Please!!!! - by Titan - 11-25-2007, 07:27 AM
RE: A/I Movement Please!!!! - by Glenn Saunders - 11-25-2007, 09:44 AM