• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
POS
29.41%
5 29.41%
the other one!
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
09-24-2007, 01:55 AM,
RE: The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Kelen Wrote:So come on POS, are you going to take up the challenge as it stands or not?

If the scenario dumped on me is a useless monstrosity i'd be so bored out of my skull that I'd have to rush out to buy myself a straitjacket.. :)
So the only way for me to check that the scen won't be boring is if I see it first so I can examine it in the editor to make sure its FUN and WELL-BALANCED.. :)
My opponent can examine it too, then we can play it, no problem.. :)

So I take it that's a 'No' then? :whis:

Shame that you seem to have missed my point about 'trust'. :rolleyes: If the scenerio has been designed by an experienced designer I would have assumed that they would have designed one that was going to be interesting and 'fun' to play.

If said scenerio was then sent to 2, (or more?), experienced members to check for playability and balance then I would also have assumed that as experienced members that they would do that.

2 assumptions I know, (and before you say it I know what to 'assume' does), but as I said, you have to take these things on trust. Shame you can't seem to trust anyone apart from yourself. Sad really.

As has been said already, you can't make a bold sweeping statement such as, 'I will never turn down a challenge from anyone!' and then when it comes to the crunch start trying to qualify that statement by saying, 'I will never turn down a challenge from anyone! (but only If a) I get to see the scenerio first, b) if I think it is going to be 'fun, and, c) preferably If I've designed it!).' If you do, (as you have), how can anyone 'trust' a single word that you say?

If you throw out that kind of challenge then you are expected to stand by it and to take whatever is thrown at you. If you are not willing to back up what you keep boasting about retract it and keep quiet and then everyone will be happy.

So again, are you willing to show eveyone that you are man enough to back up what you say and except the challenge as it stands?

No caveats, no trying to change the ROE, no trying to smoke screen by going off at tangents. Simple 'Yes' or 'No'
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ???? - by Kelen - 09-24-2007, 01:55 AM