• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Axis supply in African Campaign 1942
09-02-2007, 11:29 PM,
RE: Axis supply in African Campaign 1942
Currahee Wrote:To post an AAR, go to G-2; AAR's.

Also, see my article on supply, under Articles, Strategy, TOAW.

In TOAW III, you can play with "high supply on" to help your supply situation a bit; but it does sound like your game played out historically.

But in terms of game mechanics, the supply article will help you. But the enemy's digging in often more than outweighs your coming up to full supply and readiness, especially where scenario supply levels are low generally.

Thanks for that, I'm off to read about supply. Boy do I need to figure out more about it, particularly how different issues affect it. For instance how far from the road network you are etc. As for the AAR section, I had a look but I notice you can only post 4 pics, shame if you are playing an 80+ turn campaign. I'm, taking pics as I go along and writing text, so I'll hopefully get something together as I go along, and I can always post my questions here if that is okay. Probably the best way to ask questions is to play a vet, which I hope to get round to soon.

I may try Africa 42 another time and see if a different strategy works in terms of reaching El Alamein sooner.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Cillmhor
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Axis supply in African Campaign 1942 - by cillmhor - 09-02-2007, 11:29 PM