• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Naval Battles: Suggestion NA'86
09-01-2007, 03:59 PM,
RE: HPS Naval Battles: Suggestion NA'86
"I would recommend WitP but as pointed out the graphics are a step down from most HPS games...but War in the Pacific is something else, don't hesitate, buy it now, like HPS this game is well supported with the latest patch 1.806."

Does the game actually work? Have you ever tried a Pearl Harbor attack (silly question, of course you have!). Well, how does that attack work? Does it cripple the USN or do the IJN air wings get chewed up? I think any Pac war game can be tested by a PH attack. In Grimsby's DOS B&W game the Pearl Harbor attack was totally absurd, as was the game itself. Is the new one much better? You say it is and I hope you are right. As far as I am concerned Gary Grimsby is in the stone age, barely out of DOS: Click on a hex and read a line of statistics. With HPS I don't have to read anything; the units are visually represented and everything I need to know about them is in plain sight. I've been burned by Gary Grimsby before and I'm wary. von ege Eek
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HPS Naval Battles: Suggestion NA'86 - by Moez - 08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
RE: HPS Naval Battles: Suggestion NA'86 - by Hank - 08-18-2007, 06:17 AM
RE: HPS Naval Battles: Suggestion NA'86 - by jonnymacbrown - 09-01-2007, 03:59 PM