• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Do you feel the ELO ladder is the true blitz ladder and better ranks player skills?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Strongly Agree
18.92%
7 18.92%
Agree
43.24%
16 43.24%
Neither Agree nor Disagree
27.03%
10 27.03%
Disagree
5.41%
2 5.41%
Strongly Disagree
5.41%
2 5.41%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Is the ELO ranking a better gauge of player abilities?
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2007, 12:48 PM by Herr Klopek.)
RE: Is the ELO ranking a better gauge of player abilities?
In golf you have a handicap system, but works only if you enter all your scores everytime you play. For example, my older brother's handicap is better than mine, but I kick his ass every time he comes home for a visit. Why, he cherry picks his scores and does not enter bad games. I enter all my scores no matter what I got good or bad. So what's in a number? Sometimes not much. It is all in how well the user records their results.

On a side note, to have a valid handicap you should have at least 20 rounds entered. I would think the same is true for ELO. I'm a NOOBIE (or to be politically correct - less experienced) player who has only logged on 12 or so games. I would think that one should have between 25-50 games logged in to get a realistic ELO.

Anyway, I voted "agree". I would have voted strongly agree if the balance issue could be realistically solved.

NOOBIE'S 2 cents

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the ELO ranking a better gauge of player abilities? - by Herr Klopek - 07-18-2007, 12:19 PM