• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Puzzle
07-18-2007, 03:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2007, 04:03 AM by Lowlander.)
RE: Puzzle
I'm playing the CHS 157 campaign mod by Andrew Brown, after a few turns of PBEM we started to have some sync problems.These were resolved after we checked both install's in detail and found this was caused by different map mods although both should have been compatiable.
My understanding is the Japanese players replay is always the correct one !!!.
Both players MUST have the game patched to the same version, with the same files and map installed.

I'm a John Tiller fan with all the old Talonsoft games and almost 40 HPS titles but WitP has really got me hooked, highly recommended.

Almost forgot, when playing PBEM, and upgrading, always follow this procedure.
The Japanese player watches replay, saves, exits the game, then sends the 001 replay file to his Allied opponent, then installs new patch before starting the order phase and sends second file after ending his turn.
Likewise the Allied player watches replay, saves and exits the game then installs new patch, before starting game to perform his order phase.

More details can be found at the Matrix site but failure to follow this sequence could end the game.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Puzzle - by Basson - 07-14-2007, 03:17 AM
RE: Puzzle - by Hog of War - 07-14-2007, 04:21 AM
RE: Puzzle - by Mike Abberton - 07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
RE: Puzzle - by Basson - 07-18-2007, 02:58 AM
RE: Puzzle - by Lowlander - 07-18-2007, 03:45 AM
RE: Puzzle - by Mike Abberton - 07-18-2007, 08:27 AM