• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SAW:��First impressions
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2007, 09:13 AM by Ozgur Budak.)
RE: SAW: First impressions
general_solomon Wrote:hello everyone, just found this forum. I have SAW on the way. this is my first John tiller game.

aside from the screen shots, I dont know what to expect. I am currently playing close combat, east front gold series(talonsoft), TOA and Panzer Command. I tried combat mission and did not like it much.

how detailed is this game and I dont mean the graphics. Afghanistan has mountains. how are they represented in the game.

Do you folks know if the game comes with a guide book?

thanks,

Welcome to the SB community. Hope you enjoy this wonderful tactical wargame. SB is an easy to play game with quite simple interface and userfriendly mechanics. However this simplicity is misleading. It is a very tough game to master. Some wargamers quit playing it after a couple of hours since they get frustrated in the tactical ground level combat. The reason is, they fail to grasp the realities of squad level fight because majority of the games in the market are in operational level. I too, as Panzer Campaigns player, had let my first SB cd dust in a shell for a year for this very reason when the series first released. However if you put your energy and dedication you will inevitably sense the depth of the series and get addicted as we are.

I recommend reading the pdf manuals coming with the game in detail. After feeling competent in terms of game mechanics I highly encourage reading the tactical articles in this page. They contain invaluable info on company level tactics:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/squadbattles/id117.htm

Feel free to ask anything. We'll be glad to help.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SAW:��First impressions - by TheBigRedOne - 06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
RE: SAW:��First impressions - by Nikb - 06-06-2007, 03:38 PM
RE: SAW:��First impressions - by Ozgur Budak - 06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
RE: SAW: First impressions - by Ozgur Budak - 06-07-2007, 04:00 AM
RE: SAW:��First impressions - by Gasbag - 06-07-2007, 04:31 AM
RE: SAW: First impressions - by Ozgur Budak - 06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
RE:��SAW:��First impressions - by rahamy - 06-09-2007, 07:30 AM
RE: SAW:��First impressions - by Ozgur Budak - 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM
RE: SAW:��First impressions - by TheBigRedOne - 06-08-2007, 11:57 PM
RE: SAW:��First impressions - by Nikb - 06-09-2007, 02:37 PM