• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Alternate Scenario fire values
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM,
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values
I play the Alt / McNamara scenario's exclusively now. If there's some tweeking needed, that's a good thing. But I feel they are more realistic than the stock settings.

Regarding Stugs ... i.e. assault guns, and other armor, I think of assaulting a little different now. I use Stugs with infy to assault all the time but differently from what you would think. The game mechanic of "assaulting", means something different to me from the tactical term "assaulting". I use the stugs and tanks to slug away at the target hex, set up my infy units to "assault", sometimes I continue plugging away with stugs and arty to softening them up, then I hit the resolve assault button.

To me the whole process I described is an assault. I rarely use stugs in direct assaults (from adjacent hexes). I agree they are not good choices and I think the history backs this up. Some tanks are good at assault ... thus their higher assault values. ... especially those handy little Flamethrower tanks ... :-)

IMHO, there are some artillery tubes that are more effective against armor but after reading some very good books on the 1ss PzDiv Hvy Pz unit, it was rare an artillery attack had a significant affect on their Tank units except to do repairable damage ... except in those rare instances of steel-on-steel hits. I would think larger 155's and the like would have more luck in upsetting a tank unit than a 75 or 105mm simply due to the increased explosives and shock value.

I like the alt sce's. Tweek away.

have a nice day
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alternate Scenario fire values - by Andrew - 05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Jazman - 05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Andrew - 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Andrew - 05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Andrew - 05-02-2007, 04:47 PM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Andrew - 05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Hank - 05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
RE: Alternate Scenario fire values - by Hank - 05-03-2007, 03:02 AM