• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Divisional Level Russian Front Game
03-20-2007, 12:12 PM,
RE: Divisional Level Russian Front Game
Sorry for the mix up. I am refering to the board game Fire in the East. By GRD. You can play it via Aide de Camp. The HPS program that allows you to play board games via PBEM. Which although is possible is a tedious process for a monster like Fire in the East.

The TOAW version of Fire in the East (or any of its derivatives for that matter) are also based on the old Board game. I find that while TOAW simulates battalion level battles adequately (I think PZC blitzes it tho) it fails at divisional level, for many reasons I won't go into here. But one of which in the FITE scenario is that Infantry divisions can advance almost as far as Panzer Divisions across Russia per turn, the result being that the infantry has no real difficulty in keeping up with the Panzers, not a realistic or feasible result by my reckoning. There are many other flaws but they all can be attributed to the fact the game (the TOAW system) is trying to cover to many scales in one game i.e. company, battalion, regimental, divisional, corps etc.

Sorry to be so negative but I agree with the previous post that the old War in Russia game would give the most satisfying result. But it is very dated.

Please HPS bring on the WWIE version of the Russian Front.....
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Divisional Level Russian Front Game - by Sgt Fury - 03-20-2007, 12:51 AM
RE: Divisional Level Russian Front Game - by FLG - 03-20-2007, 01:39 AM
RE: Divisional Level Russian Front Game - by Krak - 03-20-2007, 07:50 AM
RE: Divisional Level Russian Front Game - by Krak - 03-20-2007, 12:12 PM
RE: Divisional Level Russian Front Game - by Krak - 03-24-2007, 11:42 AM