• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to use AT guns on the offense?
03-17-2007, 05:53 AM,
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense?
I've been following this discussion and a good one it is.

I'm like others, when i move an AT unit up next to an enemy in T mode, I just (literally) close my eyes and push it into the hex ... and hope for the best.

And I've come to the conclusion that using them in defense, odds are they'll get overrun and destroyed if the line is starting to fall apart and their fellow foot soldiers are pulling back to leave them on their own. Most of the time if I can't bleed off auto defensive fire with other units and I put the AT unit in T-mode, it gets blasted into oblivion.

A suggestion, if an AT unit does have the capability to move up one hex in normal mode, the fatigue of that unit should get a big hit. ... just thinking aloud, pushing those AT's by hand would appear to really wear out the guys who have to subsequently man the guns. Of course I think (if this does happen) like others have said only the guns capabable of reasonable movement should get this one hex move capability in normal mode.

88's are out of the question ... although, I suppose you could tie a rope to it and get about 150 guys to pull it along. :-)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-14-2007, 07:43 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Tanky - 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Tanky - 03-16-2007, 05:24 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Al - 03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Occam - 03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Hank - 03-17-2007, 05:53 AM