• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to use AT guns on the offense?
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM,
RE:�� How to use AT guns on the offense?
FLG Wrote:Interesting, I always thought of it as providing supressing fire or launching a diversionary attack to allow the AT unit to get into position and deploy. What does anyone else think? Is this generally considered gamey, I hadn't thought about it like this before.

FLG- That's my thinking. It's very difficult to bring up AT units against the AI, against a human opponent it's extremely risky. I usually count on losing at least 25% of my guns. However, the more I play PzC the more I am coming to the conclusion that the risk in worth it. On the attack, AT guns are very useful for softening up/disrupting enemy hard targets before attacking with my own tanks & infantry. Granted, it isn't easy & not always possible to do this. You almost have to have a road to move the AT units up & still get them out of travel mode. I don't know how others think, but it's rather unsettling to me to see my opponent move up AT units in the attack.

So, I don't think it gamey at all to use other units as "cover" for moving up AT units. To me, it's all part of setting up the attack.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-14-2007, 07:43 AM
RE:�� How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Al - 03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Tanky - 03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Tanky - 03-16-2007, 05:24 AM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Al - 03-15-2007, 12:14 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by FLG - 03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Occam - 03-16-2007, 11:25 PM
RE: How to use AT guns on the offense? - by Hank - 03-17-2007, 05:53 AM