• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
02-18-2007, 01:39 AM,
RE:��to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn
fluidwill Wrote:Ralph if you're there it just struck me that as the program presumably runs checks whenever a PBEM turn is loaded is it not possible for it to flag the player loading the turn rather than snidely informing his opponent?
i.e rather than "your opponent may well be cheating scum" which is doing nothing for community relations the player loading the turn gets a message along the lines of "Warning! Loading this SAL file will generate a cheat warning for your opponent, are you sure you dont have a more recent save?" It could possibly maybe even give the player a pointer as to which sal file its expecting?
The above would also give the active player a chance to explain the reload message in the mail with the turn,
i.e "sorry for reload message power surge at work or whatever"

Just an idea
If I can't figure it out, I may have to go that route. The reason that I didn't was because it would make it easier to figure out what could trigger the cheat message and easier to figure out ways to cheat without triggering the cheat message.

The only 100% way to make sure that nobody cheats is to require an internet connection before loading or saving any turn.

Ralph
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE:��to al those who has been reloading game over and over again from turn to turn - by ralphtrickey - 02-18-2007, 01:39 AM