• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM,
RE: What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
Lots of possible titles out there. "Hube's Pocket" For one. Somewhere recently I read about (in a short article; for the life of me I cant remember where) that talked about the Soviet entrance into Rumania, a hard fought affair that might be fun.

Budapest, of course, could be done. Command Magazine did a paper wargame about that before they went under. As someone mentioned once, Metz would be good--the whole Alsase Campaign is quite interesting.

I still hope for something Brit/Canuk '45 in Northwest Europe. I say that because one of the very 1st military histories I read as a kid dealt with the brit battle for Xanden (sp).

I still hope for a title dealing with the "breakout and pursuit" of 1944. I remember I had the old SPI game of that subject--it was great. I think GDW did something similar as well.

The Winter War/Talvisota is, of course, there for the taking. Operations around Leningrad 41-44 would be interesting.

So many games.......so few developers........
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?" - by Aolain - 01-29-2007, 01:54 PM