• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Middle East '67
11-27-2006, 02:44 AM,
RE: Middle East '67
Glenn,

I ran a short test to see how the game works. The result I got was that, when you capture the last remaining enemy SAM site, SAM interception does not cease. Instead, it becomes global.

In the small test scenario I deployed a handful of Israeli and Arab units, and added the bulk of the Israeli Air Force for air support. I also set up an Arab SAM site with limited range.

For testing purposes, I set both sides' air intercept parameter to 0%, and both sides' SAM intercept parameter to 99%.

So long the SAM site was operational, things worked as expected: air missions within the SAM's range were intercepted, and those outside the SAM range got through. Then, when I moved an Israeli unit to occupy and suppress the SAM site, the SAM interpcept effect went global. All subsequent Israeli air missions were intercepted by enemy SAMs; and yes, the dialog box informed me that it was SAM interception.

I can send you the test scenario and pdt if you need it. The test was done in version 1.05 of the game.

Peter
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Middle East '67 - by Deturk - 11-21-2006, 03:29 AM
RE: Middle East '67 - by Peter Szabo - 11-24-2006, 11:37 PM
RE:��Middle East '67 - by Glenn Saunders - 11-25-2006, 02:46 AM
RE: Middle East '67 - by Peter Szabo - 11-27-2006, 02:44 AM
RE:��Middle East '67 - by Glenn Saunders - 11-27-2006, 05:48 AM