• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Original OOB or McNamara OOB - Which is best?
10-10-2006, 08:09 PM,
RE: Original OOB or McNamara OOB - Which is best?
Volcano Man made the changes with the reference of history in mind. The original makers no doubt also had history in mind, but decided to stay within the limits of the default values. Volcano Man made the changes when the original produced results that he (and a lot of others including me) felt could be improved.

I am a lot in favor of the new values as I believe the reasoning behind it is very sound.
Soft attack values should not be "balance determinators"; victory levels and objectives are. The changes that are made are no doubt made to reflect the historical situation, hence it might be necessary to change victory levels as well, but I believe Volcano Man has taken all these things into account when he created the Alt scns.

I would not compare the new values with the old ones, but just make a comparison with history and then see for yourself what is best.
MG was a massive Allied failure in history.... only the 82nd AB had limited successes despite heavy losses.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Original OOB or McNamara OOB - Which is best? - by Huib Versloot - 10-10-2006, 08:09 PM