• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking to make first PzC purchase.
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM,
RE:��Looking to make first PzC purchase.
USS Wyoming Wrote::rolleyes:I prefer to have some manuevering room to get a better feel for travel modes, movement points, recon and such. I was going to steer clear of Stalingrad siege scenarios at first. I like a variety of terrain, so desert action may not be my first choice, either. I usually avoid late war battles after Jan. '45. So, that has narrowed down my selections.

Hey Wyoming.

" I was going to steer clear of Stalingrad siege scenarios at first."

See - this is the neat thing. In Stalingrad, we steered clear of siege Scns - well, OK _ I included one because I figured people would ask.

Stalingrad is mainly focused on Uranus - which is manuever in the snow - not as fats as Summer - but you have a good chance to capture lots of ground.

Honestly - your best bet is to pick a battle that interests you. Be it one you know about and want to study further - or one you want to learn about.

Personally - I like Alamein over Tobruk because the map is huge - it includes neat things like Malta, and it covers a period where the British TO&E changed quite a bit.

I like MG44 and Bulge on the West Front - MG44 is smaller and as such perhaps more playable because of size. But Sicily is also a favourite and as you can guess, I favor the west Front over the East.

I like Kharkov more than Smolensk because both sides get to be the attacker. But I like Stalingrad better.

...and who knows what else is coming. So pick whatever title interests you the most and you can't go wrong - because everybody has their own favourites and nobody can tell you which kinda car to drive either.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE:��Looking to make first PzC purchase. - by Glenn Saunders - 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM