• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario
09-13-2006, 02:25 AM,
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario
Well, it also depends on what the axis player does. In this case it is the AI which will hold to the last man. So if you are looking for a historical result of some kind then it is likely that it wont happen.

Regardless of if you play the stock scenario or an ALT version I do not think it would be possible to take all the hexes on the beach on the first day. You can only strive to take the majority of them. And the reason is that it depends on what the axis player does. Historically, once the defenses was penetrated enough in several areas then the defenders began to withdraw... and this is the only way that you will be able to see such a result. I have participated in PBEM games where the defenses were breached in several areas and my German forces were being isolated so I began to withdraw them along a more historical approach.

Also, it is indeed a trade off. You may not be taking all the defensive positions on the first day because they are not withdrawing but then again you are likely causing more losses than were historical on the defenders once you begin isolating and capturing them.

If you havent noticed yet the weakest link in the whole chain is (from the campaign map coordinates) 93.44 where the terrain is not so good for the defenders (field and there is no escarpment) and the defenders are rated "E". What I would do is land on the beach and wait until about 1000 before you begin attacking. At that time the mines should be somewhat cleared out and the better "B" rated infantry units will start arriving. Don't bring on your AT gun units either, they will just clog the beaches.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by PenCapChew - 09-11-2006, 03:55 AM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by Grrr - 09-11-2006, 04:58 AM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by Jazman - 09-11-2006, 07:22 AM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by Jazman - 09-11-2006, 12:33 PM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by PenCapChew - 09-11-2006, 01:38 PM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by PenCapChew - 09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by Sgt Fury - 09-12-2006, 03:54 PM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by Volcano Man - 09-13-2006, 02:25 AM
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario - by PenCapChew - 09-13-2006, 12:44 PM