• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Winter Storm
08-08-2006, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2006, 08:12 PM by von Waldenburg.)
RE: Operation Winter Storm
I think that scn is one of the best from S'42, the situation forces the german to push north as much as posible, but as you say there's enough time for various aproaches. The 6th Pz Div is virtually unstopable if used properly, so the question is how good you can do in the rest of your units' front. When all 3 pz divs of 57th PzK are together along with the LW Div is a sizeable and flexible enough force to rely on. A problem could be in the flanks held by rumanian troops specially in the axis right maybe. I'm not sure of these aspects as I'm playing it blind about the russian side to add flavour to the game. In my game it's turn 26 now and my oponent has retreated to the northern arm of the Aksay river and I have destroyed 1 rifle division virtually entirely with a pincer movemente between 23rd and 6th Pz divs plus some other batallions that were along the road from the lower Aksay. The rail line came handy to give transport to the 15th LW Div as it released today and storm conditions are currently dominating. I have moved the 15th LW Div by rail almost to the northern arm of the Aksay where 23rd Pz and 6th Pz's fronts meet. There they have detrained just behind the tanks to continue on foot as night aproaches and we hope the storm will end in 2 turns or so...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Operation Winter Storm - by Boston33 - 08-08-2006, 07:12 AM
RE: Operation Winter Storm - by von Waldenburg - 08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
RE: Operation Winter Storm - by Boston33 - 08-09-2006, 06:06 AM
RE: Operation Winter Storm - by von Waldenburg - 08-09-2006, 01:37 PM
RE: Operation Winter Storm - by Boston33 - 08-10-2006, 12:49 PM