• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
07-11-2006, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2006, 10:27 PM by Toten Tanz.)
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."  SFS R
From the Regimental Combat Diary of the 28th/18 Panzer Regiment, Col Eckhardt (Toten Tanz) commanding

Date: July 3, 1941
Weather: Clear with a slight haze, visibility good.
Entry Time: 14.30 hours (Turn 10)

Col. Eckhardt decided to deal with the Russian forces attacking Lipki Ridge from the S, first. A 50mm ATG platoon from 88th/18 Recon Btl moved into postion and fired on a platoon of BT-7s, destroying one, and causing the Russian tanks to witdrawl. Lt. Col Stepnagel then engaged them with ranged cannon fire, from a distance of 750m, and destroyed the unit. Elements of 1 and 3 Co., I/28 pz then engaged and destroyed 7 BT-7s S of Lipki ridge. The fighting was very vicious and at times at point blank range.

After this, a wild melee insued all along the Regimental front. Elements of I/28Pz, II/Pz, and 2 Co., 88th/18 Recon Btl attacked Russian forces S/SE of Stayki. 2 Co., 88th/18 Recon Btl lost 3 armored cars as they manuvered into postion to block the retreat of Russian forces. Two T-34s were over-run along the rail line 250m E of Stayki. A further 3 were destroyed by cannon fire, with one survivor retreating to the SE. The remaining ACs of 2 Co. were in a good postion to block it's further retreat. The lone T-34 suddenly changed direction and charged at 1 Co, with its guns blazing. The Light Plt. of 4 Co., II/28 Pz stumbled across 4 BT-7s a short distance to the SE of Stayki. The platoon commander order an immediate assault; which was was repulsed by the Russain tankers. The BT-7s returned fire with no effect.

After destroying the Russain tanks to the S of Lipki Ridge, Lt. Col. Stepnagel led 5 Co., II/28 Pz in destroying a platoon of BT-7 tanks on Lipki Ridge itself. He then rallied his forces to the S of the Regimental objectives. Maj. Schede then led 6 Co. II/28 Pz in destroying a second platoon of BT-7s. 6 Co. tanks also managed to attack and kill some 10 Russian infantry from a platoon that had moved into the woods at the base of Lipki Ridge. Col. Eckhardt led 2 Co., I/28 Pz in destroying a third platoon of BT-7s. Maj. von Burstin brought forward the
Pioneers of 88th/18 Recon Btl from Lipki, to support the attacks on Lipki Ridge.

The slower KV tanks came,lumbering down the Ridge. 6 Co, II/28PZ was attacked by 10 KV 2 and 3s; losing 2 MkIVs. 2 Co., I/28 Pz tanks were forced back by the concentrated fire from KV-1s, as well. Col. Eckhardt called an airstike against the Russian formation, in hopes of reducing the danger posed by them.

2 Plt, 2 Co, I/28 Pz attacked the company of T-26s on the high ground E. of Lipki; destroying 1 tank. The ACs of 1 Co., 88th/18 Recon Btl advanced in support of this attack. 3 Co. also pushed their advance towards to Pogodista Road; along the Western edge of the Romanivka Forest.

In the time frame of approx 30 minutes, the Regiment had been able to destroy an additional 31 Russian tanks.

German Losses:
8 x PzIIF
14 x PzIII of various models
1 x Pz IV
3 x PSW Armored Cars of various models.
1 x ATG
Cpt. Fegelien - KIA

Russian Losses:
1 x T-26
39 x BT-7
17 x T-34M40
10 x Trucks
10 x BA-20
2 x ATG
33 x Inf Squads (approx 260-KIA/WIA 50-PW)
1 x Russian officer - KIA
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..."  SFS R - by Toten Tanz - 07-11-2006, 01:09 AM