• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Buying OB and initial deployment
07-04-2006, 01:06 AM,
RE: Buying OB and initial deployment
Ok I do think about my opp, but the point I was making is that i dont try to second guess them in terms of OOB and tactics (although you can guess at some things) I take the equipment I need to do my job not his, if thats search and destroy him then configure for that over the terrain you expect to fight, etc.

Unless you have an opp that always takes the same stuff then the chance of countering him exactly is low, a good opp will react to you as muc him, often making a standoff situation, I try to focus on what does what with the points i have.

I dont know what the 'crease is'

My best battles are always the ones where I have setup well. often despite taking a less than fabulous OOB for the job, reinforcements can help and sometimes a change of tactics will suffice.

terrain (or lack thereof) is for me the hinge of the battle, I plan around what the terrain can do for me and what it can do for him, both in the positive and negative, cover, exposure, speed and obsticals. a better way to say this might be that i think of my opp in his relation to the terrain not just i who or what he is.

A recent battle I had with jad is a good case in point, i aimed to take and hold the high ground on the map at any cost and in the right conditions (good visibility) did so with good result. high ground allowed me to counter his numbers with my firepower at range while making him come to me.

while I never dis my opps i dont try to play to them or their style except in the case where I know their style and know pretty much how they will play, i do respond to what they do, but My selection of equipment is often predicated on a multirole basis or at least having a backup plan.
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying OB and initial deployment - by Vesku - 06-28-2006, 01:41 AM
RE: Buying OB and initial deployment - by wigam - 06-28-2006, 09:30 AM
RE: Buying OB and initial deployment - by klanx171 - 07-04-2006, 01:06 AM