• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
06-24-2006, 03:28 AM,
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!!
SITREP Turn 5
Rasputin-v-Ed

Picking shards of glass off my uniform and lighting another liberated cigarette I wearily sit down in the command tent. While visiting a forward infantry unit red artillery fell on the position...good thing the enemy artillery is firing blind at the moment....I may be forced to do something about that.....

....blows smoke....waves.....

"Sir...glad you made it back. You will not like this one bit-radio reports from the north sector report one of our infantry scout units came under heavy fire from red tanks across the valley. Before comms were lost something was yelled about large numbers of tanks along the opposing ridgeline. No further attempts were made against the ridge and no further attempts to flank the north were spotted........Also, a poor map reading decision by the idiot driver of a flak HT managed to blunder into the sights of a ruski tank and we lost the entire platoon as a result......"

Another one who failed to move across the country fields rather than the road. Idiot probably thought he was invisible or something....what a waste......

....wave.....

"We are in the process of fending off a heavy ruski probe in the center sector just NE of the Krupki factory complex. Per your orders one of our Jagdpanzer teams moved forward to confirm heavy enemy tank units close to our lines after reports of mines exploding came in. The Jagdpanzer was forced to retreat leaving behind one wrecked vehicle but not before withstanding multiple hits and confirming the presence of at least one full red tank battalion advancing west along the highway. The big cats were sent in under Captain Deistel and despite reeling under multiple hits managed to kill at least 5 T-34's and more importantly-disrupt the attack maneuvers of 4 tank platoons. And they are in the open sir! The Captain and 1 platoon of Tigers remain on the ridgeline almost daring the Ivans to come get them! Insanity......."

Insane yet brave....those Tigers can withstand a lot of bruising and that Captain allowed the remaining cats to withdraw out of enemy's sight. We may be outnumbered....but with Ivan caught in the open like this I may be able to punish him further.....

....wave....wave....

"....to the south....nothing. All is quiet for the time being.....We suspect the main armored fist is hitting us in the middle with a secondary attempt to turn our lines in the north imminent......"

Rasputin out cheers

p.s. As an aside this is a pretty friggin nerve wracking scenario! I can see the obvious terrain/time disadvantage that Ed has to operate under....but man does he have a lot of tanks :P

It's also tough knowing one's opponent is a shark :smg:
"We herd sheep....we drive cattle...we LEAD people! Lead me...follow me...or get out of my way!"
GEN George Patton
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Come back here ya coward, it's only a flesh wound..." SFS Round 2 Sitrep Thread!! - by Rasputin - 06-24-2006, 03:28 AM