• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

When should you be considered a newbie basher?
06-14-2006, 10:29 PM,
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher?
As a 'newbie' I would add this - I have played CM since CMBO was first released so I am fully conversant in how the game system works. What I am new to is playing against human opponents and am finding that the tactics required are different to those you would employ against the AI.

In my opinion losing teaches more than winning - so far in games I have played I have learnt - not to use tanks in isolation i.e 1 v 1 against other tanks, dont underestimate your opponents strength and rush his defences before you know what and where his defences are, dont try and walk infantry through deep snow - they will never get there and wait for your artillery to take effect however long that may be.

Thats just from 3 games of CMBB, 1 I have lost, 1 I will lose and 1 I may win. Fortunately in CM we get the chance to learn from our mistakes in WW2 one mistake may have been all you made.

So really what I am saying is that as long as there is no 'gloating' from players I am one newbie who does not mind being bashed as long as I learn a lesson which I can put to use in the future.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-14-2006, 01:01 PM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Elltee - 06-14-2006, 10:29 PM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-15-2006, 12:43 AM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-15-2006, 04:36 AM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-17-2006, 04:14 AM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-17-2006, 05:29 AM
RE: When should you be considered a newbie basher? - by Copper - 06-17-2006, 05:27 AM
new members - by Copper - 06-18-2006, 11:18 AM