• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Complete listing of all Alan Arvold scenarios
05-04-2022, 05:10 PM,
Write a Note  Complete listing of all Alan Arvold scenarios
I realised I need a master document to track all scenarios Alan Arvold's provided for the community, so wrote this blog.

After a recount, that's 402 community scenarios, mostly boardgame conversions, by Alan.

I take a bow.

https://cslegion.com/scenario-design/ode...-r-arvold/
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2022, 01:30 AM,
RE: Complete listing of all Alan Arvold scenarios
This is amazing. Thanks so much.
05-05-2022, 02:33 AM,
(05-05-2022, 01:30 AM)Nort Wrote: This is amazing.  Thanks so much.

Quite something, isn't it!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-14-2022, 11:58 AM,
(05-04-2022, 05:10 PM)Crossroads Wrote: I realised I need a master document to track all scenarios Alan Arvold's provided for the community, so wrote this blog.

After a recount, that's 402 community scenarios, mostly boardgame conversions, by Alan.

I take a bow.

https://cslegion.com/scenario-design/ode...-r-arvold/

All I can say is WOW, and Thank you!! as I look at the old boxed PanzerBlitz game on my bookshelf!! 

Thank you 

John
07-18-2022, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 09:33 PM by Crossroads.)
Summertime and living is easy! And why not, with new boardgame conversions available both for EF and WF for you PanzerBlitz / Leader aficionados out there. 

As a reminder for Alan's boardgame conversions, they have not been tested for H2H play, enjoy them for what they are. 

West Front:

Panzer Leader: Operation Cobra - The Matrix Games version of West Front - TheBlitz

Operation Cobra - 7/26/1944

After weeks of fighting between British and German forces around Caen, the U.S. 2nd Armored and 1st Infantry Divisions began a breakout after slogging through the bocage in Normandy. Tattered kampfgruppes of the Panzer-Lehr Division set up positional defenses to slow the attack. With precious few mobile units available, the German command aimed for weakening the advance enough sothat reserve armor could be swung in to oppose the spearhead.

East Front:

PanzerBlitz: Werba, Recce, Buffel 3-sceanario set - The Matrix Games version of East Front II - TheBlitz

Werba 6/30/1941

Kampfgruppe Sickenius of the 16th Panzer Division defended the village of Werba southeast of Dubno. Elements of the 34th Tank Division, 8th Mech Corps on the Soviet side attacked south to break out of encirclement. Tanks of the 67th and 68th regiments along with some stray tank units, and a few fleeing infantry companies ran into an organized German force. The meeting erupted into a short and furious battle.

Case Blue: Recce 6/28/1942

40th recce battalion of 24th Panzer attempts to secure a breach in the Russian front lines, at a weak point near Kursk, between the Bryansk and Southwestern fronts. The advance is one of several in the area to make way for the main force. Elements of Soviet 40th Army, 160th Infantry Division are taken by surprise.

Operation Buffel 3/15/1943

The end of the Rzhev meat grinder was a final retreat of the German 9th Army. In this hypothetical situation, a Russian mechanised force moves through the mud and swamps only to be delayed by a German rear guard kampfgruppe. The spring thaw, rasputitsa limited maneuver of units such that only tanks equipped with special wide tracks could stay atop the mud. Infantry had to pick their way over minefields and skirt the swamps, or find themselves
mired in the waist deep muck.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-18-2022, 09:34 PM,
^ The original situation cards are available with downloads, determine your victory status perhaps from them.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-20-2022, 03:30 AM,
Thanks again. I love the new content.