• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Still worth playing?
11-25-2021, 08:35 AM,
Still worth playing?
Matrix Games has the Campaign series on sale for $9.90 right now.  Are they still worth playing?  Is the AI any good?
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2021, 09:03 AM,
RE: Still worth playing?
Hi KG_RangerBooBoo,

The A/I leaves much to be desired in JTCS (Campaign Series). But playing H2H or in PBEM, it is an awesome game!!

But the good news is, with scripting, as the Dev Team is doing with Campaign Series Vietnam the A/I is so so much better! 

This will be extended to the new generation of games going forward.

$9.90 for all the content in the Campaign Series is a great price and a bargain! 

Big Ivan Wink
11-25-2021, 12:40 PM,
$10 is almost free and includes three games. Well worth it. Especially if you play by email with opponents. Plus there are tons of included scenarios and 20+ years of custom scenarios here at the Blitz.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-26-2021, 01:01 AM,
You won’t be disappointed.
11-28-2021, 09:03 AM,
Well went ahead and popped for it.  Figured I've spent way more then $10 on games that were clunkers so how bad could it be.  Any mods I should grab or scenarios to look for?
11-28-2021, 12:39 PM,
(11-28-2021, 09:03 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: Well went ahead and popped for it.  Figured I've spent way more then $10 on games that were clunkers so how bad could it be.  Any mods I should grab or scenarios to look for?

The best place for scenario ratings is here: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/b-15.htm. Sort by rating or number of games played. The ratings are based on PBEM, so playing the AI will probably be different. The campaign games are OK, but the AI is pretty dumb. It will teach you the game, but also bad habits.

I recommend playing a live opponent. Ed Silcox (Herr Strasse Laufer) offers games against newbies and gives his opponents a draw until their first win, to help teach them the ropes. Nice incentive if you're interested, otherwise just post in the forum for opponents.

I can't comment on mods, but there are a few.

Hope that helps. Congrats on the purchase. I think you'll like it.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-29-2021, 12:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 12:03 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Ranger, my email is esilcoxjr(at)gmail(dot)com.

They will be prying the mouse from my cold dead hand.

I'm your 'huckleberry' if you want to learn. As Dave said I will report draws until you beat me. I know a little about the game and do not take advantage of newbies.

Farmer

HSL
11-29-2021, 12:26 AM,
(11-29-2021, 12:02 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Ranger, my email is esilcoxjr(at)gmail(dot)com.

I'm your 'huckleberry' if you want to learn. As Dave said I will report draws until you beat me. I know a little about the game and do not take advantage of newbies.

Farmer

HSL

Thanks.  I'll dabble in it and try and get you something on Monday if that's okay.  My email is melmsm (at) att (dot) net
11-30-2021, 10:07 AM,
(11-29-2021, 12:26 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:02 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Ranger, my email is esilcoxjr(at)gmail(dot)com.

Farmer

HSL

Thanks.  I'll dabble in it and try and get you something on Monday if that's okay.  My email is melmsm (at) att (dot) net

File sent.  Don't be afraid to tell me when I'm doing something stupid as it never bothers the wife.
11-30-2021, 11:23 PM,
(11-30-2021, 10:07 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:26 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote:

Farmer

HSL

File sent.  Don't be afraid to tell me when I'm doing something stupid as it never bothers the wife.

ROTFLMAO