• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poor Old Spike's pdfs?
06-23-2021, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2021, 12:43 AM by Westland.)
RE: Poor Old Spike's pdfs?
I've played all of the Close Combat games, but the best parts remain Part II (A Bridge Too Far) and IV (Battle of the Bulge).Although Part IV suffered frequent crashes as early as 1999, so does the version from GOG.com.
What always bothered me about the new Close Combat parts was that the movement of the vehicles and tanks still looks as wobbly and spongy as it did in 1997.Plus still no engine noise.
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2021, 04:07 AM,
Bulge remake hard crash never went away. Matrix attempted to patch it once, but it fixed nothing. I liked that one also, it and III, which used to be immensely popular at the old MSN Zone what?? 21? 22? years ago.

I don't want to get into names or anything, but only 1-2 from the old days were still around and actively working on say.. PITF and Caen, at least that I was aware of. It was different crew altogether Westland. Maps looked good because they were drawn up by someone who had great expertise in the CC community from drawing them up from years gone by, both for stock games and aftermarket.

Was getting very disillusioned myself at the end before what I described initially with CC itself and what was going on.
06-23-2021, 05:15 AM,
Right,the MSN zone.I can still remember it. I think that was the only way to play MP strategy games on the internet at the end of the 90s.Age Of Empires Part 1 & 2 was played a lot there.In 2000 I switched to the first WW2 real-time strategy game Sudden Strike.
The whole thing with a 56k modem. Whole 5.6 kbytes / sec were only available to you.Anyone who had more money could already afford ISDN with double channel bundling with 14.7 kbytes / sec.At the beginning of 2001 the first cable modems came on the market with 60 kbyte / sec.
Those were the days, when you played an MP battle for 3-5 hours, at least on large maps for 12 players, and you fought down to the last pixel figure.No player would do that today.
07-26-2021, 12:53 AM,
I got it. Not sure how I could share the file though. I uploaded it here on the Blitz, into the 'My Files' section - maybe it's visible in my profile. Is there any way I can share it?
08-11-2021, 01:54 AM,
(07-26-2021, 12:53 AM)kineas Wrote: I got it. Not sure how I could share the file though. I uploaded it here on the Blitz, into the 'My Files' section - maybe it's visible in my profile. Is there any way I can share it?

Hi: I don't see it in your profile so maybe someone can explain how you can share it?
12-02-2021, 03:13 AM,
(08-11-2021, 01:54 AM)GerryM Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 12:53 AM)kineas Wrote: I got it. Not sure how I could share the file though. I uploaded it here on the Blitz, into the 'My Files' section - maybe it's visible in my profile. Is there any way I can share it?

Hi: I don't see it in your profile so maybe someone can explain how you can share it?

Let's try this:

https://www.theblitz.club/uploads/files/...ke_PDF.zip