• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matching colonels to battalions with "highlight commanded units"
03-18-2017, 01:09 PM,
c_Question Mark  Matching colonels to battalions with "highlight commanded units"
Hi everyone,
I've been trying to get used to the interface of the John Tiller's Campaign Waterloo Demo (I also own a copy of Napoleon's Russian Campaign). I've noticed there's a colonel for each battalion. Is there a quick way to find out which colonel commands which battalion? I've tried view>highlight>commanded units, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for your help,
Clark
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2017, 03:25 PM,
RE: Matching colonels to battalions with "highlight commanded units"
(03-18-2017, 01:09 PM)JSP13 Wrote: Hi everyone,
I've been trying to get used to the interface of the John Tiller's Campaign Waterloo Demo (I also own a copy of Napoleon's Russian Campaign). I've noticed there's a colonel for each battalion. Is there a quick way to find out which colonel commands which battalion? I've tried view>highlight>commanded units, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for your help,
Clark
Try double-clicking a leader when that button is activated.
03-19-2017, 02:28 AM,
Hi Liebchen, 
Thanks for your response. I tried it, but it didn't work. In the screenshot below, the colonel in the lower center part of the screen has been selected, but the hussar regiment he commands has not been highlighted. I'm wondering whether "commanded units" refers to all units that are under command (passing a command check) by any leader?

Thanks for your help,
Clark
03-19-2017, 02:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 08:59 AM by Compass Rose.)
Without a screen shot, it is hard to "guess".

Are you 100% sure that COL is in command of that hussar regiment, and not some other unit?

To find out, go to the hex where that leader is located.  Next, just select that officer down at the bottom left of the screen.

After selecting him, next go up towards the top right of the screen and select "Hightlight Org" with is located to the left of the "?" at the far right.

Any units controlled by that unit will show being hightlighted on the game map.

BTW, what scenario are you playing?
03-19-2017, 04:34 AM,
(03-19-2017, 02:28 AM)JSP13 Wrote: Hi Liebchen, 
Thanks for your response. I tried it, but it didn't work. In the screenshot below, the colonel in the lower center part of the screen has been selected, but the hussar regiment he commands has not been highlighted. I'm wondering whether "commanded units" refers to all units that are under command (passing a command check) by any leader?

Thanks for your help,
Clark

I think that you're looking in the wrong place. Try the button to the far right of the menu, with two overlapping box shapes, called "highlight org." (You'll see that label if you hover your cursor over it.)
03-19-2017, 08:51 AM,
(03-19-2017, 04:34 AM)Liebchen Wrote:

Thanks for your help,
Clark

I think that you're looking in the wrong place. Try the button to the far right of the menu, with two overlapping box shapes, called "highlight org." (You'll see that label if you hover your cursor over it.)

[Image: highlight_org.png]
Send this user an email
03-19-2017, 11:52 AM,
(03-19-2017, 08:51 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 04:34 AM)Liebchen Wrote:

Thanks for your help,
Clark

[Image: highlight_org.png]

Indeed, looking at the interface manual (npd.pdf), it says, "Select Commanded Units to Highlight units that are under your command in Multi-Player Network play."