• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Welcome Home For Viet Nam Vedts
03-31-2013, 01:43 PM,
Welcome Home For Viet Nam Vedts
Hello all,

Yesterday and today, Fort Sill, OK hosted a welcome home event for Viet Nam vets. Over 500 vets and their families came to the event. It is a trail event, that was done by Fort Sill;and if sucessful will be done by the other services on their post or base.

My wife and I had a great time.We got a bus tour around the post, so that the vets could see the new buildings and the ones being built. The roads were lined with people both soldiers, marines and civilians during the ride. The Post Commander gave us a welcome home speech that was from the heart.

They had a luncheon for all of us, and I meet vets and enjoyed their company. One had come from Ohio for the event.

They let us have a tour of the Post Commander's home and they also opened the orginal cavalry barracks that is part of the Artillery Museum. It is hardly opened any more so it was a big event.

It was also the monthly retirement day, and a place of honor was set aside for the vets to watch the ceremony.

Today they had a speech from a retired general who was in Nam and a film that was made for the occasion.

I am looking forward to the next one. And if Benning does one I will be at it, since I was an Infantryman for twenty years.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 07:00 PM,
RE: Welcome Home For Viet Nam Vedts
That sounds like a Great occasion, I like to see that we are celebrating all these War Time events And so we should....A Big Salute from me
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
Quote this message in a reply