• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Assault
02-08-2013, 02:22 AM,
Question on Assault
The rules and Parameter Data are unclear to me on the question whether there is a penalty when assaulting a higher elevation. They're clear that there is a penalty for fire directed to higher targets, but I can't find anything explicit about assault. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

Tim
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 06:20 AM,
RE: Question on Assault
Good question, i have always assumed there is no penalty based only on the fact there is nothing in the PDT or rules about any sort of assault penalty.
02-08-2013, 07:46 AM,
I believe they are considered being in the same hex during the assault and therefore no direct penalty for the assaulting side. I could be wrong though, so take my words with a pinch of salt. Wink

Jison
Send this user an email
02-08-2013, 03:12 PM,
(02-08-2013, 02:22 AM)TJD Wrote: The rules and Parameter Data are unclear to me on the question whether there is a penalty when assaulting a higher elevation. They're clear that there is a penalty for fire directed to higher targets, but I can't find anything explicit about assault. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

Tim

I think the penalty comes from the assaulting unit needing extra movement points to engage: So the high ground may actually prevent an assault, at least for 1 turn. jonny Jester