• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What is the turn sequence?
11-29-2009, 04:53 AM,
What is the turn sequence?
Sorry for all these goofy newbie questions but I am confused on the turn sequence. From the three games I have going right now (2 mentor and 1 with an advantage) I am observing what appears to be contradictory turn sequences.

I have observed the following:

A. P1 plots his moves, sends to P2, I plot (I am P2 in all games) and send to P1. He then watches the replay and sends to me, P2, I watch the replay but cannot plot any moves. Once the replay is finished the DONE button appears which sends the game to the email screen. I email back to P1, he plots, sends to me and I plot, send back to P1 and he gets a replay. Now asking VB he states that after each replay he gets to plot a move, while Marcus states you don't get to plot after the video replay.

However:

B. After getting the plotted turns I watch the replay, and last night was able to plot my moves after watching it. This is playing CMBB. In CMAK it has only been as per A.

So, should I be able to plot moves after the replay, or should it just go back to P1 after the replay where he then plots his move? According to the manual the replay completes a turn, which means it should just go back to P1 for plotting.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2009, 05:09 AM,
RE: What is the turn sequence?
It should go something like this.

I'll list the file number then what happens, some people start their files at 001 instead of 000 so if they do just add 1 to the file number.

000 - Player who sets up battle picks his forces (not for scenarios and AI pick forces battles)
001 - 2P picks forces (not for scenarios and AI pick forces battles)
002- P1 does his setup
003- P2 does his setup
004- P1 Issues first moves
005- P2 Issues first moves and turn is calculated
006- P1 may watch the turn, but when the turn is completed and done is clicked it will go straight to the "write PBEM" screen
007- P2 may watch the turn and at the end issue orders.
008- P1 Issues orders for turn 2 and turn is calculated
009- P2 watches the turn but again when done is clicked cannot issue orders and must send the next PBEM file
010- P1 watches turn and issues orders

and on and on
11-29-2009, 08:09 AM,
Ahh, so sometimes P2 can issue orders after the video, and sometimes not. It appears it is an "every other turn" sequence.

Tanks man!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-29-2009, 09:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2009, 09:23 AM by Mad Baron.)
My own way of keeping track has been this (and doesn't begin until after the purchase and setups phases, and first plotted moves, are over with).

sequence of turns once play is under way:
W - watch video
P - plot your next move
WP - watch video and then plot next move
<then begin over again>
W
P
WP
W
P
WP
etc.....

What your opponent does after he gets your file is the small letter to the right of your turn (caps)--read left to right, top to bottom:
<YOU--him>
W--wp
P--w
WP--p
W--wp
etc....

So, essentially, between you both, there are 2 watches and 2 plots that make up the round of action, divided up as shown above.

Hope this helps!
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."