• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Stacking Exit Hexes
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cheesy and Unsportman Like
29.27%
12 29.27%
Valid Tactic With Combat Units
56.10%
23 56.10%
Valid With Wrecks and Other Non Combat Units
2.44%
1 2.44%
Undecided / Don't Care
12.20%
5 12.20%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Stacking exit hexes - good tactics, or cheesy and unsportsmanlike?
07-29-2008, 04:34 AM,
RE: Poll: Stacking exit hexes - good tactics, or cheesy and unsportsmanlike?
Yep i take the point Ed but what if your units ie combat units were there to defend said hex and they all get killed say 12 IVH's thats not gamey.Exit hex is a valid victory hex and yes i see the point John is making ie fill the hex with H/T's etc get them killed block the hex etc that is a gamey tactic.The way i see it only combat units to defend said hex.There again what do you call combat units arty in the hex German flamethrower AA or Panzerwerfer uints in said hex???????????.This is a good point and well pointed out by John where do we draw the limit.
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2008, 05:40 AM,
Yes, now we are going to get into a discussion about Halftracks? ;)

I'm glad JG stepped forward to clarify his position. :smoke:

I think that defending it with combat units is a fine tactic. I rarely have seen anyone blocking the hex. Though lately the new assult rules have guys moving in non combat units into victory hexes, and I guess those same players would be able to move non combat units to block the hex and make the attacker resort to gunfire to clear the hex, because you can't move the non combat units. :rolleyes:Whip

cheers
07-29-2008, 06:51 AM,
Hey John,
If I understand you right, what you saying is that blocking the hex is not the same as defending the hex. And in my opinion that is cheesy and un-called for. The same goes for camping on a entrance hex. As the person who's units are coming on board I cannot back the board up to disperse my units and fight with them. I'm limited to the size of the map. I've only come across 1 camper in the year I've been playing, most people are good about the unwritten rules of war. I know defend your space ect,ect, ect its just my opinion on both topics

chuck
08-27-2008, 08:25 AM,
Ya know.If there are Exit hexes I wont park anything there, but I will damn sure keep my eye on it, (and probably try to set up a few ambushes on the roads leading to it. )