Tac tidbit - Waypoint dragging
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM,
Tac tidbit - Waypoint dragging
[Image: drag1.jpg]

[Image: drag2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2008, 05:46 AM,
RE: Tac tidbit - Waypoint dragging
Thanks old spiker. Been playing the CM games since they came out and this is the first time I knew about this :)
04-08-2008, 05:47 AM,
PS,
You need a shave! Big Grin
04-08-2008, 06:05 AM,
British Tommy Wrote:Thanks old spiker. Been playing the CM games since they came out and this is the first time I knew about this :)
You need a shave..

It's been in the Blitz Tac Discussion area for months along with one or two more of my tac posts!
Does anybody ever look in there?
My beard is my 'U-Boat commander' look.
It started off as my 'Doctor House rebel-stubble' look, but escalated from there.
And here's my 'job interview' look -

[Image: chino.jpg]
04-08-2008, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
British Tommy Wrote:Thanks old spiker. Been playing the CM games since they came out and this is the first time I knew about this :)

really? I find that amazing for some reason.

anyway, you should also note that the distance you can adjust the waypoint is dependent on the unit's experience and whether or not it is in command.
04-08-2008, 06:45 AM,
Good to see your also a biker boy! Big Grin
And I do hope that's a Triumph your trying to look kewl on :)
04-08-2008, 06:47 AM,
When plotting a move I usually don't plot just the one waypoint to the destination. Instead I put several along the route, usually near areas of likely cover. That way if the tactical situation changes, say by the unexpected appearance of enemy units, you've got more flexibility of where you can move the unit to. For example say a unit's move has got four waypoints. Waypoint two is close to some rough terrain. Whilst approaching waypoint two an enemy unit appears somewhere near where the final destination was to be. At this point you cancel all the moves back to waypoint two, and then drag this into the rough terrain. If you'd just plotted as one waypoint you'd have to stop and then issue new orders, leaving your unit vulnerable out in the open.
04-08-2008, 06:47 AM,
Thanks CT for that tip! :)
Maybe you and old spiker should team up and produce a few more of these little known things about the CM games :)
04-08-2008, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM by Colonel Talvela.)
Spike is an excellent tester (I've stated that many times in the past), but I am too selfish with my time to spend hours testing stuff. If I ever want to know something, I usually create a post begging for somebody to spend the time that I am not willing to do :smoke:

I do try to throw out little tidbits that might not be known by all when the discussion goes that way
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM,
Another tiny tip:

Also, if you're have units (usually mid-early Russian tanks) that have a long delay, and need them to react quickly, then plot a movement that takes 60 (or 61 etc) seconds.

Then, if next turn, if you're being outflanked and you need them to move, they'll move immediately (though you won't be able to change where they move).
If you don't need them to move, then cancel the order and redo.