• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Do foxholes come in different sizes?
04-04-2008, 09:07 AM,
RE: Do foxholes come in different sizes?
Nort Wrote:As a reminder, when you are setup up on defense, you can not only set your guys up in foxholes, but the game engine allows you to set up empty foxholes to provide you with fall back positions.

That is only for assault games. Not attack/defend games
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2008, 10:05 PM,
McIvan Wrote:It is simply that two squads (or half squads for that matter) have to have a small separation between them.

You will see this when you set up a game....you can't put squads right next to each other, there is a small gap.

During a game, when you plot two squads to the same point (or close enough that you are infringing on that small gap), the one arriving last will get a new waypoint. If they came from a short distance away, it will be back to where they came from.

The game will only merge half squads back together at the start of your turn. So, if you got there in the middle of the turn and started heading back and are now too far away from each other, your squads won't merge. This is why it was only working for you when they got there at the end of the turn....so at the start of the next, they are close enough to merge.

I would hazard a guess that when you plot them both to just behind the foxhole, you are not plotting them to exactly the same spot, and they therefore are not "rebounding".

Hmm, you might have it there. Curious though that rather than just moving to adjacent occupied foxhole the half squad moved into the same foxhole and then moved back to their orignal one, (which are a good 30m away).
04-04-2008, 10:17 PM,
I did notice that same thing, in a couple of CMBO games long ago, but not since (maybe it just hasn't arisen, or my memory is faulty). So maybe there is a special exception for moving from one foxhole to another.