• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent wanted - more education required please!
04-08-2007, 03:33 AM,
Opponent wanted - more education required please!
Hi,

Are there any experienced players willing to play a 3,000 point battle to help me get better with using armour?

I can probably only take a game or two more at most right now, but I'd love to line up future opponents too.

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2007, 04:44 AM,
RE: Opponent wanted - more education required please!
I appear to have some room for a game...
set something up and send it. any type, time or terms...
If you want a mostly armor battle let me know ahead of time, as I tend to pick more of a mixed force usually.
[email protected]
04-08-2007, 04:47 AM,
Thanks bluehand, I'll get something sent your way.
04-08-2007, 08:11 AM,
teeps Wrote:Are there any experienced players willing to play a 3,000 point battle to help me get better with using armour?

Hmm none of my bizness but 3000 seems a bit big..
I think you could learn the basic tactics much faster from a series of small fast-moving battles (say 6 x tanks per side) rather than one long one..
Contact me if you want to roll with a small trainer and i'll talk you through every turn..
04-08-2007, 02:54 PM,
pthh... 3000 pts means most of an inf bat plus some support tanks... a good definative attacking force needs more than that... besides it also allow you to f-it up and still try to recover, which is a good training experience too...
I ended up having to be a brit force with less than 900some pts in tanks... thats 2 plts (sherms are around 500pts a plt at quality)...
04-08-2007, 06:17 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Hmm none of my bizness but 3000 seems a bit big..
I think you could learn the basic tactics much faster from a series of small fast-moving battles (say 6 x tanks per side) rather than one long one..
Contact me if you want to roll with a small trainer and i'll talk you through every turn..
Thanks POS, I'll take you up on that I think. Small scale with you and larger scale with Bluehand might also be a good training experience.

bluehand Wrote:pthh... 3000 pts means most of an inf bat plus some support tanks... a good definative attacking force needs more than that... besides it also allow you to f-it up and still try to recover, which is a good training experience too...
I ended up having to be a brit force with less than 900some pts in tanks... thats 2 plts (sherms are around 500pts a plt at quality)...
Would you rather start over with a bigger points limit then? I went for 3,000 as that's the biggest I've done so far, but I'm willing to go bigger if you like.