• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Just purchased first JTS PzC title
09-24-2018, 09:50 AM,
RE: Just purchased first JTS PzC title
(09-23-2018, 01:54 AM)Deturk Wrote: Overall, I like "Panzer Campaigns" better than,  "War in the East".  But I wish they got the guy that did the Map Mod for, "War in the East"  to do the Map for the Gold series.  I still think that New map went backward as far as Maps go, personally I like the old Maps better and they were not that great.

Hi Deturk,

You can mix and match all the different MODs and come up with a "War In the East" for Panzer Campaigns( I used over a dozen Mods for WITE, much easier in PzC). If you have any experience with JSGME MOD swapper you can create your own look for the game. As Strela pointed out, most of it just involves swapping out files. Drop me a PM if you need an assist. 

I use Jison, JTS, and Gold graphics to get my custom look. Once I finished the first one, my others games took little effort. I think I spend more time modding the games than playing them:) Hope this helps.

[Image: PzC%20Mod.jpg]

Beldurax,

Like Kool Kat said, you can't beat the PzC games. Not only are the graphics mod-able, but so are the stats. Once you learn the system, it works across all the games. One of the easiest wargames series to change and play it your way. I have learn more playing the PzC games than any book I read. I know the area of Kursk better than my own neighborhood!

Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2018, 06:24 PM,
I use many times PzC or other series as maps to follow a book apart to use them to play the battles.

To be fair i prefer the Jison art because 

1-you have that kind of hexes with borders but no borders 
2-he is not one of that new age hippies who dont like use grey and black for german counters  Big Grin2

I allways prefer east titles because offer more options to be creative but France40 improvements look interesting and well, you allways can try Tunis43.
09-25-2018, 12:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 12:51 AM by Deturk.)
(09-24-2018, 09:50 AM)Gris Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 01:54 AM)Deturk Wrote: Overall, I like "Panzer Campaigns" better than,  "War in the East".  But I wish they got the guy that did the Map Mod for, "War in the East"  to do the Map for the Gold series.  I still think that New map went backward as far as Maps go, personally I like the old Maps better and they were not that great.

Hi Deturk,

You can mix and match all the different MODs and come up with a "War In the East" for Panzer Campaigns( I used over a dozen Mods for WITE, much easier in PzC). If you have any experience with JSGME MOD swapper you can create your own look for the game. As Strela pointed out, most of it just involves swapping out files. Drop me a PM if you need an assist. 

I use Jison, JTS, and Gold graphics to get my custom look. Once I finished the first one, my others games took little effort. I think I spend more time modding the games than playing them:) Hope this helps.

[Image: PzC%20Mod.jpg]

Beldurax,

Like Kool Kat said, you can't beat the PzC games. Not only are the graphics mod-able, but so are the stats. Once you learn the system, it works across all the games. One of the easiest wargames series to change and play it your way. I have learn more playing the PzC games than any book I read. I know the area of Kursk better than my own neighborhood!

Gris

Yes, I have used the modes before.  I changed the John Tiller WWI back to the old graphics and some of the Panzer Campaigns ones also.  I just thought the NEW Map Graphics seem to be going backwards when they could be so much better in the 21st Century.   If  Jison could make such a Great Mod on his own( I thought the original "War in the East" map was also pretty bad), you would think a Game Company may be able to come up with a better map.   I will still play them more than any other Wargame, but just my  2cents2
09-25-2018, 01:14 AM,
I have to disagree. I think the maps in Gold are superb and a step up from classic. I guess what you would call "better" doesn't translate to better or more desirable for all of us. The maps have charm unlike photorealistic maps in other titles that feel like they are trying too hard to outshine the rest. The reason I started playing the Gold games--and JTS games in general--were the large maps and scale.
09-29-2018, 12:19 AM,
"I know the area of Kursk better than my own neighborhood!

Gris"

--------------------

"Gris!!! Look out for that AT gun by the gas station!" <PANIC>

Aw, they got his Panther tank :(

ROFL
09-29-2018, 01:08 PM,
Those that want the Jison Mapmod to work on the later patched versions of Panzer Campaigns can try this:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=70179