• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can't make it past tutorial
12-03-2014, 12:22 AM,
Can't make it past tutorial
I can't make it past the tutorial. I do exactly as the manual tells me to, but outcome is always the same. Both of my Shermans are almost immediately obliterated by those two German tanks. How am I supposed to defeat them?
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 02:16 AM,
RE: Can't make it past tutorial
As I remember and it's a long while since I did this Tutorial, not far from the start around the first bend along the road there is a small rise, you'll have to look hard to see it. Bring both tanks together and stop them just prior to the rise only a few meters away, there hopefully they will get a hull down position. By bringing them to this location together you should have an advantage over the German tanks and be able to deal with them separately with a 2 to 1 advantage. I'm pretty sure that's how I overcame them after similar experiences to yourself when starting out with this great game and this Tutorial.
You might have to try this a couple of times but it's worth it to get it right
Good luck and keep us posted if it works.

Cheers,cheers

Gordon
12-03-2014, 11:07 PM,
Thank you! I'll try that. I really love the look of Combat Mission series and I am enthusiastic about getting into these games. I'll keep you posted!

Yeah, thanks to your advice, I did it! Allied Major Victory! Thank you!
12-05-2014, 02:42 AM,
Great! then you are well on your way now with this terrific wargame.
It is different from many other wargames but well worth getting to know it and so good luck for the future.

GordonThumbs Up