• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minors stacking/tx
06-19-2013, 03:37 AM,
Minors stacking/tx
A question has come up in a game of FITE, although it is probably relevant for other scenarios. There is a rule in FITE that, " Minors may not stack, or attack together with other minors."

Does this preclude minors moving over other minors and/or minors under rail transport being transported over minors occupying rail hexes?

Open for comments!
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2013, 08:27 AM,
RE: Minors stacking/tx
I think minors can move free over other minors or use the rail transport over minors occupying that hex. The rule is clear: only stacking or attacking is forbidden.
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM,
I'm playing FITE too and I have to agree with HerrDark, the rule seems clearly not allowing the stack positioning of minors not the movements that may occur with a minor occupied hex.
Send this user an email
06-20-2013, 05:00 AM,
I don’t know what the designer would say, but I think it would be unworkable not to allow embarked units to use the rail thru other-minor-occupied hexes. The only coordination required would be by the RR authorities, which I believe were under centralized German control. My vote would be to allow rail movement wherever the rail goes, and even to allow disembarking and marching through off-limit hexes, as long as they don’t tarry there. I’m sure the intent was to prevent the minor allies from stacking together in defense, or from attacking together.